Day 29: In this past month, what have you learned?
1. My kids love praise. I knew this already, but sometimes I forget to do it enough.
2. I really think Lincoln is trying to see if he can send me to the looney bin by not remembering to inside out his socks and put them in the dirty clothes.
3. Fall is always awesome. Always.
4. I never get tired of the clacking noise my typewriter makes when I use it.
5. Hadji thought, until last night, that babies were born with a diaper on, or even clothes. The look of total shock on his face was priceless when I told him, no, they are born naked. "WHAT?!?! So they are naked in the mama's belly? Gross!" Yes, I replied. Totally gross.
6. We are watching Little House on the Prairie every evening again. I love this. If it weren't for the outhouses, lack of deodorant, and having to kill your own meat, I would totally say I was born in the wrong era. Ok, looking at that list, maybe I just like to watch tv shows about the pioneer way of life...
(Ps, this is my boys whittling, yes, whittling with their pocket knives one afternoon. LOVE it.)
7. I tried Aibileen's match in the mouth trick whilst cutting onions. It totally worked.
8. Making my gramma's bean stew makes me happy and sad all at the same time.
9. Sometimes a two hour nap, wrapped up in an afghan knit by your great aunt is JUST the right thing to do.
10. Putting away the folded laundry is the most procrastinated chore I ever do. Or, don't do...
Day 29. Done.